Q. How do I request a program through www.cilc.org?
A. You've found a program you want, what next?
- Click on the program title, which takes you to a Program Flyer
- At the Top or Bottom of this Flyer page, click on Request this Program Now
- Complete the one page form
- At the end of the form, click on the Next Step button.
- The final page will be an overview of your program request. This allows you to check the information one more time before you request the program
- At the bottom of this form you can:
- Request the program and send it to the Content Provider
- If you hold the PIN, complete the Enter PIN box, etc. and click Submit Request
- If you are not the person who holds your organizations' PIN, choose the Forward for PIN Authorization button
Note: To access discounts offered by Content Providers, the person who has CILC Premium Service must be the one to complete the Request Form!
Q. What are some program search tips?
A. There are four searchable databases on www.cilc.org.
- Content Provider Student Programs
- Collaboration Center
Q. How can I narrow my search results?
A. A broader keyword generates more program choices. The chart below is an example of moving from a broad keyword to a more specific keyword phrase.
|Grade 5 Science
|Grade 5 Physical Science
|Grade 5 Physical Science Skills
The above example still lacks some specificity. A good way to find the best keyword phrase is to pull words from your state standards.
Example: Indiana State Standard 5.3.1:
"Students will understand that telescopes are used to magnify distant objects in the sky including the moon and the planets."
|Grade 5 planets
|Grade 5 view the moon
|Grade 5 telescopes
Q. How can I track program requests?
A. Once a program has been requested a member can keep track of ALL requests – past, present, and future by:
- Logging into www.cilc.org
- Go to My CILC DASHBOARD.
- Look in the box to left entitled My Program Requests
- Click on View All Program Requests
The columns of information you see here are:
- View: shows a printable flyer which contains all the information from the request form, including the provider's contact information.
- ID #: Each program request is given its own ID number
- Provider: Name of the Provider offering the content program
- Program: Title of the program requested
- Site: Date of requesting site or organization
- Date: Date of program requested
- Times: Times of program requested
- Status: these are the possibilities
- Waiting on Provider Approval – provider needs to accept request from site
- Request Approved – provider has accepted the request
- Denied – provider has denied the request
- Waiting on Site Approval – provider has emailed an alternative date &/or time and site needs to accept or deny
- Waiting on PIN – request still need the site's PIN-this only pertains to members who are part of an organization PIN
- Person to Receive Materials: lists name of teacher
The Status drop down box at the top of the page enables you to:
- View all requests
- View only:
- Requests waiting on Content Provider Approval
- Waiting on Requesting Site Approval
- Waiting on PIN entry
- Requests Approved
The Time Frame Drop Down Box enables you to view any of the above within a specific timeframe.
Q. Where do I find the cost of a program?
A. The Program Cost drop down box can be used to help narrow down your search results.
It is found in the:
Program Cost drop down choices are:
- Any amount (the default)
- Under $25
- Under $50
- Under $100
- Under $150
- Under $200