Q. What is the difference between a Member Profile and a Preferences Profile?
A. Member Profile: Collects your contact information and sets your Communication Preferences, i.e. whether you wish to receive Weekly Update Email and if so, which categories of items you choose to have displayed in that email.(i.e. content provider programs, professional development program, academic classes, collaboration requests, etc)
A. Preferences Profile: Lets you sets the search parameters for the listings that are displayed in your Weekly Email Update and your MyCILC.org page.
- audience type (Education, Library, Business Community, Content Provider, grade level, administration, etc.) and
- topic/discipline choices (i.e. assessment, Title I, International, Brain Research, science, math, language arts, etc.)
Select as many options as you like from the 40 plus choices.
Q. How does a Member Profile benefit me?
A. The Member Profile allows you to:
- Post collaboration ideas
- Post class offerings
- Create an online catalog
- Receive e-Communications such as:
- Weekly Updates
- E-News (5x per year)
- E-Updates (website changes, usually 2x/year)
- E-Flashes (access to Free opportunities like Spotlight Sessions, usually 1x/month)
Q. How does the Preferences Profile benefit me?
A. When you create your Member Profile, you decide what types of information to receive in your Weekly Update email. One option is "Matched to My Preferences Profile." This means that each category you selected for your Weekly Update email will ONLY show those items that match your Preferences Profile.
- I chose to receive new Content Provider programs that match my Preferences Profile. In my Preferences Profile I selected Math.
- This week there were 10 new Content Provider programs posted on CILC.org, but only 4 of them were related to Math.
- Thus, my Weekly Update email will only show THOSE 4 programs.
NOTE: It is important to update both of these FREE profiles at least one a year!
We recommend either the August/September or the May/June timeframe.