|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
This is part two of a four-part program. Programs may be scheduled individually or as the full four-program series. If registering for the full series, we recommend scheduling one program a week over a period of four weeks. Please submit all four registration forms for the four program dates requested at the same time.
|Program Rating||based on 24 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Language Arts/English, Social Studies/History|
Discover the ingenuity of one of the world's earliest civilizations through this lively series of four videoconferences just for elementary students:
Learn how to decipher some of the "sacred writing" of Egypt in this fascinating look at a 4,000+ year old writing system. Teaching extensions to the lesson provide instruction for writing like a scribe, and creating a personalized cartouche.
The Teacher Materials for this program are sent in the mail - PLEASE INCLUDE THE TEACHER'S MAILING ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION ON YOUR REGISTRATION.
1. Open discussion with students’ previous knowledge on Egyptian culture.
2. Discuss importance of written communication
3. Compare and contrast hieroglyphics to English writing
4. Introduce students to hieroglyphics through related artifacts such as mummy cases, sculpture and architectural fragments
5. Hieroglyphic writing activity
1. To introduce students to the symbolic nature of written languages.
2. To compare similarities and differences between hieroglyphs and the English alphabet.
3. To acquaint students with the role of the scribe and his importance in ancient Egypt.
4. To investigate the materials, techniques and equipment used to produce hieroglyphic inscriptions.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|State/Regional Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration.
* Bulk discounts available
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-826-2452.
Forward this Program Flyer