|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 87 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 4, 5|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Language Arts/English, Mathematics|
|Program Description||Students reinforce their knowledge of the vocabulary of geometry and recognize attributes of two and three dimensional shapes through an examination of selected geometric themed works from the museum. Concepts are applied as students create original origami figures in the shapes of a ladybug and a box during the videoconference.|
1. Introduction on meaning and history of origami.
2. Discuss how origami relates to math (polygons, angles, etc.), as do other types of art.
3. View selected museum art works and discuss the mathematical symbolism.
4. First origami project – students fold ladybugs.
5. Time permitting, view/discuss additional works of art.
6. Second origami project – students fold boxes.
1. Name and identify geometric vocabulary.
2. Use technology to communicate and process information.
3. Apply concepts of geometry to create art.
4. Identify a variety of shapes and angles.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||40-60 Minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration
* Bulk discounts available
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-826-2452.
Forward this Program Flyer