|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 59 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Language Arts/English, Social Studies/History|
|Program Description||Travel back in time to bustling New York City in the 1920s and discover the art, literature and music produced by African Americans living in Harlem during this period. Students will be introduced to artists such as Romare Bearden, Jacob Lawrence, and photographer James Van Der Zee, as well as to the poetry of Langston Hughes.|
1. Discuss the word "renaissance" and highlight characteristics of Harlem Renaissance.
2. Compare motifs concerning the Harlem Renaissance in visual arts and literature using works by Augusta Savage, Romare Bearden, and Langston Hughes.
3. Short video clip of “Weary Blues” by Langston Hughes with student drawing activity.
4. Discuss factors leading to the Harlem Renaissance.
5. Discuss works of artists such as Jacob Lawrence and James Van Der Zee in documenting African American history.
1. The students will understand that the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920’s - 30’s was a period of enormous creativity including literature, performing arts, and visual arts.
2. The students will understand that several unique creative personalities emerged during the Harlem Renaissance, including artists such as Romare Bearden, Jacob Lawrence and James Van
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration.
* Bulk discounts available
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer