|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 42 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Foreign/World Languages, Social Studies/History|
Fauvism, Cubism, de Stijl, Surrealism and other selected movements in early 20th century art are introduced through the Museum’s collection. Explore the visual innovations of artists such as Matisse, Picasso, Mondrian and Miro in a period marked by the primacy of personal expression over a realistic rendering of the world.
Optional: French language presentation available for an additional fee. Please specify if foreign language is requested.
1. Classroom interactivity throughout the program - Surrealist writing exercise.
2. Discuss characteristics of European Modernism.
3. Introduce and discuss examples of art movements such as Fauvism, Die Brucke, Cubism, Dada and Surrealism.
4. Explore American responses to European art movements.
5. Listen to finished collaborative Surrealist story, written by the students.
1. Students will understand that during the period of Modernism (1880-1940), the artistic viewpoint changes from representing the way the world looks to the way the world feels.
2. Students will learn that during the early 20th century, artists attempt to define themselves by exploring a variety of forms of expression, including Fauvism, Surrealism, and Cubism.
3. Students will understand that art often reveals an artist’s response to the cultural environment within which he or she lives.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* Optional French language presentation available on request - program fee for French language presentation is $165.
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration.
* Bulk discounts available *(discounts not available for foreign language presentaions)*
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer