|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 81 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Foreign/World Languages, Social Studies/History|
This lesson features paintings by artists working from or born in Spain. Renaissance, Baroque and Modern Spanish art offer a varied stylistic range to students as well as information on the cultural and historical context of the works highlighted. Many of the artists—El Greco, Goya and Picasso, for example—are among the best known in western art history and may already be familiar to the students. Portions of this lesson can be presented in beginning, intermediate or advanced Spanish, making it suitable for all levels of foreign language studies.
Spanish language presentation available for additional fee. Please specify if language lesson is requested.
1. Introduction to Spanish art in the 17th century, including the work of El Greco and Diego Velázquez.
2. Discussion of Goya and how his work portrayed the effects of historical events (such as the Inquisition and the French invasion of Spain) in the 18th to 19th centuries.
3. Transition to the 20th century and discussion of Pablo Picasso's work - including the Blue Period and Cubism.
4. Conclude with the work Salvador Dalí and introduction to Surrealism.
1. Students will be introduced to a selection of Spanish artists, as well as the cultural and historical context of their lives.
2. Students will learn about stylistic changes from the earliest artist presented to the most recent artist in the lesson.
3. Students will gain familiarity with the Spanish language (if Spanish presentation is requested).
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* Optional Spanish language presentation available on request - program fee for Spanish language presentation is $165.
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration.
* Bulk discounts available *(discounts not available for foreign language presentations)*
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer