|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 22 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Foreign/World Languages, Language Arts/English, Social Studies/History|
Italian Art, Grades 6-12
Italy has a long and rich tradition in the visual arts, but what do these images communicate about the country's history? This lesson provides a survey of Italy's artistic heritage by exploring why particular subjects were depicted in sculptures, paintings and decorative arts. Students will learn how factors such as patronage and subject matter convey some of the ideals and events important to residents throughout Italy in the last two thousand years. The objects shown range from decorative arts made by the ancient Etruscans to a print created by Boccioni, a proponent of the Italian Futurist movement in the early twentieth century.
Available in Italian language presentation. Please specify if Italian version is requested.
1. Introduce the Etruscans and survey selected objects from ancient Rome
2. Review works from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance related to Christianity
3. Review works from the Renaissance, highlighting Humanism
4. Optional classroom interactivity designing narrative panels as in Renaissance architecture
5. Discussion of the Baroque and Modern world through the early 20th century
6. Optional comparison interactivity linking Italian art works from several centuries
1. Students will learn about the forms and functions of Italian art by looking at a
broad survey of images found in the Cleveland Museum of Art.
2. Students will consider what messages the objects communicate about the society
that made them.
3. Students will discover how the artist’s role in choosing subjects changed over
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||45-60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Program Fee Notes||
* Optional Italian language presentation available on request - program fee for Italian language presentation is $165.
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration.
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration
* Bulk discounts available *(discounts not available for foreign langauge lessons)*
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer