|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 15 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Grade(s): 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, Adults|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30 suggested|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Foreign/World Languages, Language Arts/English, Social Studies/History, Technology/Information Science|
|Secondary Disciplines||Gifted & Talented|
|Program Description||Students will be introduced to selected objects found in ancient Chinese tombs as a way of surveying history from the late Neolithic (3,000 BC) era to the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD).These objects reveal the contents of ancient tombs and shed light on similar types of items used for daily life. In addition these tomb goods—ritual vessels, figurines and musical instruments—represent exemplary workmanship in jade, bronze, and ceramics. Working methods with these materials are also explored.|
1. Introduction of Neolithic culture.
2. Interactive discussion of concept of afterlife.
3. Examples of ancient Chinese objects and the materials and techniques used to create them.
4. Interactive discussion and examples of the relationship of court life to tomb goods.
5. Writing Chinese characters interactivity.
6. Disussion of Tang Dynasty ceramics.
1. Students will be able to describe the concept of the afterlife and explain why tombs were repositories for valued objects.
2. Students will be able to identify various periods of Chinese history, such as the Shang and Tang Dynasties.
3. Students will be able to identify several types of materials and techniques used by ancient Chinese artisans to construct useful objects and grave goods.
4. Students will be able to discuss the continuity of Chinese tomb culture over several centuries.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||Please refer to posted Teacher Materials|
|Program Length||50--60 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $135.00
By Request Cost with Premium Service: $120.00 What's this?
|Cancellation Policy||Groups canceling 48 hours in advance or due to school closings may reschedule programs at no additional cost. There are no refunds on scheduled programs. All rescheduling is subject to availability. For cancellations, please call 216 707-2688.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Schools will dial into the CMA Distance Learning studios.
ISDN calls must be bridged.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-826-2452.
Forward this Program Flyer