|Content Provider||Cleveland Museum of Art 2007-08, 2008-09 Honorable Mention, 2009-10, 2010-11 Honorable Mention, 2011-12|
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44106
Phone: (216) 707-2491
Fax: (216) 421-9277
|Program Type||Individual Program|
|Program Rating||based on 52 evaluation(s).|
|Target Audience||Education: Kindergarten, Grade(s): 1|
|Maximum Number of Participants||30|
|Minimum Number of Participants||1|
|Primary Disciplines||Fine Arts, Language Arts/English|
|Program Description||Students use their eyes to spy apples or other fruit in paintings by Renoir, Picasso, and Matisse, then discover how these celebrated artists used color to convey the apple's appearance. Looking at a real apple under different lighting conditions helps students see how light affects form.|
1. Open with introduction about the museum, and explanation of what they will see — paintings with apples and/or fruit.
2. View The Apple Seller by Renoir, and discuss the shadows and reflections.
3. View Interior with an Etruscan Vase by Matisse, and students look for different fruits.
4. Sing a song about apples (“The Little Appleseed”.)
5. View Still Life with Biscuits by Picasso, and students identify elements in the painting.
6. Students review the three artists’ works, and ask remaining questions.
Students will understand how light affects form, and how artists capture shadows and reflections in their paintings.
Students will be able to describe the concept of past and present as it relates to visual art.
Students will be able to observe visual clues or details in artworks or artifacts and determine if the work/object is old or new.
Students will be able to use active listening strategies to identify the main idea and to gain information from oral presentations.
|National/Common Core Standards to which this program aligns||All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, the Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.|
|Program Length||30 minutes|
This program is available by request ONLY
By Request Cost: $75.00
|Program Fee Notes||
* All payments must be made within 30 days of registration
* Purchase orders are due within 10 days of registration.
* Bulk discounts available
* Multi-point discounts available
|Cancellation Policy||Programs are non-refundable, however cancellations due to technical difficulties, school closings, or those received 48 hours in advance may be rescheduled for no additional charge. Rescheduling is subject to availability.|
|Is recording allowed?||No|
|Program Delivery Mode(s)||
Videoconference - H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc...)
|Minimum Technology Specifications for sites connecting to this provider||
Sites can connect to the CMA directly via IP - all other connections (ISDN, IHETS, Vision Athena) must be bridged.
Schools are required to dial into the CMA. Please state connection speed on registration form. CMA can connect from 384 kbps up to 3 mbps speed.
Request this Program Now
It is necessary to have a PIN to request a connection. Find out how to get your free PIN, or Find your PIN.
For additional assistance, phone 866-302-CILC (2452) toll free.
Forward this Program Flyer