1. This program begins by introducing the term adaptation and discovering some examples of this.
2. Students will explore an example of adaptations in humans; thumbs.
3. We’ll meet two to three animal guests and discover more about their adaptations.
• Students will be able to provide an example of an adaptation that they have and it’s importance.
• Students will be able to explain how adaptations for survival were passed on to future generations, aka inherited from parents.
• Students will be able to provide examples of adaptations and their benefits for multiple animal species.
3-LS3 Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits
(LS3.B: Variation of Traits)
3-LS3-2 Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits
(LS3.A: Inheritance of Traits)
4-LS1-2 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
(LS1.D: Information Processing)