1. This program begins by introducing rainforests and it’s unique qualities.
2. Review the layers of the rainforest.
3. Meet 2-3 Ambassador Animals that connect to the rainforest.
4. Discover ways we can help protect the rainforest right at home.
• Students will be able to explain the unique qualities of the rainforest with emphasis on climate.
• Students will be able to describe the different layers of the rainforest
• Students will be able to describe the role of decomposers to the rainforest for nutrient cycling.
• Students will be able to explain how they and their families can have a direct positive impact on rainforest ecosystems.
3-LS4-4 Biological evolution: Unity and Diversity
(LS4.D Biodiversity and Humans)
3-ESS2-2 Earth’s Systems
(ESS2. D: Weather and Climate)
4-ESS2-1 Earth’s Systems
(ESS2.A: Earth’s Materials and Systems)
5-LS2-1 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
(LS2.B: Cycles of Matter and Energy Transfer in Ecosystems)
5-ESS3-1Earth and Human Activity
(ESS3.C: Human Impacts on Earth Systems)