1. Big Cat Scramble powerpoint presentation. Read clues about the identities of some big cats and unscramble their names to get the answer.
2. Video segment
3. Animal Mystery powerpoint. Look at pictures of parts of an animal to learn about its adaptations and then guess the animal.
4. Discussion of "clues" and signs that animals are nearby.
5. Discussion of "clues" that an animal is sick.
6. Identifying animals from their x-rays.
By the end of a Zoo Clues program, participants will be able to:
-Be able to explain the relationship between physical structures and an animal's survival
-solve puzzles to learn new information
-Recognize similarities and differences between groups of animals
-Identify the basic needs of living things
-Name one fact about a big cat that makes it unique to other big cats.
-Identify birds by their calls
-Name at least one tool veterinarians use to assess animal health
NGSS: NS.K-8.1, NS.K-4.3, Ns.5-8.3
MO GLES: K.LS1.C.1, 4.LS1.D.1, 1.LS3.A.1, 3.LS3.C.1