This is completely interactive and will involve question and answer, problem solving and craft actvities. As the presenter works through the content, these steps will be directed.
Students will gain an understanding of bats and how they are a unique mammal as well as practice math problem-solving
NS.K-4.3 LIFE SCIENCE
As a result of activities in grades K-4, all students should develop understanding of
The characteristics of organisms
Life cycles of organisms
Organisms and environments
Ohio ScienceLife Sciences
1. Compare the life cycles of different animals including birth to adulthood, reproduction and death (e.g., egg-tadpole-frog, egg-caterpillar-chrysalis-butterfly).
2. Relate animal structures to their specific survival functions (e.g., obtaining food, escaping or hiding from enemies).
3. Classify animals according to their characteristics (e.g., body coverings and body structure).
4. Use examples to explain that extinct organisms may resemble organisms that are alive today.
5. Observe and explore how fossils provide evidence about animals that lived long ago and the nature of the environment at that time.
6. Describe how changes in an organism's habitat are sometimes beneficial and sometimes harmful.