1. This program begins by introducing the term habitat.
2. The four key components of habitat are reviewed, and students test their knowledge with identifying habitats.
3. Meet 2-3 animal guests to explore what their habitat is.
• Be able to define the term habitat and demonstrate its four components.
• Students will be able to provide examples of animals and the features of that animal’s habitat.
• Students will be able to identify unique features of some animals that help make survival in a habitat simpler.
K-ESS3-1 Earth and Human Activity)
(ESS3.A: Natural Resources)
K-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
(LS1.C: Organization for Matter and Energy Flow in Organisms)
1-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
(LS1.A: Structure and Function)
(LS1.D: Information Processing)
2-LS4-1 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
(LS4.D: Biodiversity and Humans)