1. Open discussion with map study of Egypt.
2. Discuss importance of the Nile River.
3. Using related artifacts, discuss food, clothing, shelter and entertainment in Ancient Egypt.
4. Throughout videoconference compare and contrast ancient Egyptian life and contemporary American life.
6. Answer remaining questions.
1. To introduce basic information about the natural environment of ancient Egypt in the context of the art and artifacts of Egyptian civilization.
2. To acquaint students with aspects of daily life, including food, clothing, shelter and recreation.
3. To illustrate some of the problems ancient Egyptians faced and examine ways in which they were handled.
4. To investigate ways in which our contemporary society compares and contrasts with that of ancient Egypt.