1. Open discussion with students’ previous knowledge on Egyptian culture.
2. Discuss importance of written communication
3. Compare and contrast hieroglyphics to English writing
4. Introduce students to hieroglyphics through related artifacts such as mummy cases, sculpture and architectural fragments
1. To introduce students to the symbolic nature of written languages.
2. To compare similarities and differences between hieroglyphs and the English alphabet.
3. To acquaint students with the role of the scribe and his importance in ancient Egypt.
4. To investigate the materials, techniques and equipment used to produce hieroglyphic inscriptions.