1. The program begins with a discussion about what influences teens to smoke.
2. We then discuss how and why teens are targeted by tobacco companies.
3. Participants engage in an activity that illustrates the effects of cigarettes on the body.
4. Human plastinated organs are used to show actual effects of tobacco on the body.
5. The various “costs” of smoking are discussed.
6. Smoking cessation techniques are listed.
7. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
1. Understand the physical dangers of smoking
2. Name ways the tobacco industry targets youth
3. Identify the financial costs of smoking
4. List methods of tobacco cessation.
National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 5, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.