1. The program begins with a discussion about the consequences of alcohol use.
2. We then discuss the dangers of alcohol use in a "myth vs. fact" format.
3. Participants are involved in an activity highlighting the effects of alcohol on the liver.
4. We discuss effective ways to say no to alcohol use.
5. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
1. Understand the physical dangers of alcohol use.
2. Understand the dangers of drinking and driving.
3. Recognize the acute and long-term causes of death due to alcohol
4. Identify a variety of ways to resist the pressure to use alcohol.
National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.