Photosynthesis Jeopardy style game:
1. Get students into groups or each student can work on their own.
2. Rules will be explained.
3. A student will choose a topic (Plant Parts/ Plant Functions/ Photosynthesis) and value.
4. Anyone in the class can answer. If related to an experiment, we'll take the time to explore further and make a connection.
4. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
The participant will:
1. - explore the connection between plant parts/structures and functions
2. - engage in discussions with group members to decide on an answer
3. - gain an appreciation of the impact of different environments and climate change have on plants
NS9-12:C. Life Science:
As a result of activities in Grades 9-12, all students should develop understanding of:
Matter, energy and organization in living systems
The behaviour of organisms
Biology 11 C: Plant structure and physiology
• Describe the structure and physiology of plant tissues
Biology 11 U: Plants: Anatomy, Growth and Functions
• Describe the major processes and mechanisms by which plants grow, develop, and supply various products, including energy and nutrition
• Demonstrate and understanding, based in part on their own investigations, of the connections among the factors that affect the growth of plants and the ways in which plants adapt to their environment.