1. Types of coverings will be introduced.
2. Students will meet 3-5 different animals
3. Live animals and animal biofacts will reinforce the information discussed.
Distinguish between living & non-living things
Distinguish between plants and animals
Distinguish between vertebrates and invertebrates
Name the 5 groups of vertebrates
• NS.K-4.3 LIFE SCIENCE Understand that plants and animals are classified according to their characteristics: body coverings; body structure, etc.
• SC 2.1 Recognize the difference between living and nonliving things
• SC 2.4 Notice similarities, differences, and categories of plants and animals