1. Introduction. Ask volunteer to explain what an animal is.
2. Discussion of how you know if something's alive.
3. Powerpoint to sort living and nonliving things.
4. Powerpoint to sort plants and animals.
5. Sea Urchin video segment.
6. Powerpoint about animal movement.
At the end of the program, participants should be able to:
-Explain the difference between plants and animals.
-Identify living organisms and explain how they know if something is alive.
-Name 3 characteristics of animals.
NGSS: K-LS1-1., 2-LS4-1.
MO GLES: K.ESS3.A.1
MO ELGS: IV-A.1(PK)b, IV-C.1(PK)a-c, IV-c.2(PK)a-c, IV-D.3(PK)a, VI-B.1(PK)a-b, VI-B.2(PK)a-c, VI-B.3(PK)b, VII-B.2(PK)a, VIII-A.2(PK)b-d