1. This program begins with introductions and research questions.
2. We then address those questions in a PowerPoint presentation.
3. We view short videos on the Space Race via YouTube
4. Participants have a guided question & answer session
The participant will:
- list at least five achievements of the Soviet Space age
- explore the differences between the United States and the Soviet Union
- develop an appreciation for freedom of information in the USA
- compare Kazakhstan's Cosmodrome with the Kennedy Space Center
ERA 9: THE 20TH CENTURY SINCE 1945: PROMISES AND PARADOXES
ERA 9: POSTWAR UNITED STATES (1945 TO EARLY 1970s)
USH.7.6 Explain and analyze changing relations between the United States and the Soviet Union from 1960 to 1980 as demonstrated by the Cuban Missile Crisis, the crisis in Berlin, the U-2 incident, the space race and the SALT agreements.