1. This program begins with introductions and research questions.
2. We then address those questions in a PowerPoint presentation.
3. We view a short video on the Aral Sea
4. Participants have a guided question & answer session
The participant will:
- develop an appreciation for ecologic fragility
- explore the relationship between humanity and the environment
- engage in a discussion about the importance of discussion and debate in making environmental policy
- list bodies of water in Central Asia
NSS-G.K-12.5 ENVIRONMENT AND SOCIETY
As a result of activities in grades K-12, all students should Understand how human actions modify the physical environment and understand how physical systems affect human systems.
Environment and Society
Students will acquire a framework for thinking geographically about the environment and society. They will analyze ways in which humans affect and are affected by their physical environment and the changes that occur in the meaning, distribution and importance of resources.