1. Introduction of Neolithic culture.
2. Interactive discussion of concept of afterlife.
3. Examples of ancient Chinese objects and the materials and techniques used to create them.
4. Interactive discussion and examples of the relationship of court life to tomb goods.
5. Discussion of Tang Dynasty ceramics.
1. Students will be able to describe the concept of the afterlife and explain why tombs were repositories for valued objects.
2. Students will be able to identify various periods of Chinese history, such as the Shang and Tang Dynasties.
3. Students will be able to identify several types of materials and techniques used by ancient Chinese artisans to construct useful objects and grave goods.
4. Students will be able to discuss the continuity of Chinese tomb culture over several centuries.