1. The program will begin with a live demonstration of the rock cycle.
2. Presenter will discuss the difference between rocks and minerals.
3. Students will test 4 different rocks and minerals to determine what they are.
4. Presenter will check their results and discuss everyday uses for each mineral.
5. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
The students will be able to:
1. Explain the rock cycle and the 3 kinds of rocks.
2. Use real geologists' tests to identify 4 kinds of rocks and minerals.
3. Understand the importance and uses of different rocks and minerals.
All of our lesson plans are written in accordance with Ohio State Academic Standards.
3.ESS.1, 4.ESS.2, 4.ESS.3, 4.LS.2, 6.ESS.1, 6.ESS.2, 6.ESS.3, 6.ESS.4, 6.ESS.5