This program begins by discussing trash, litter, and the impact it has.
2. Introduce the concept of recycling and how it can resolve some of our trash issues.
3. Meet 2-3 Ambassador Animals to explore their connection to the topic of trash.
4. Discover how decomposers can help to reduce our trash production at home.
• Students will be able to discuss trash and the challenges we face with managing it.
• Students will be able to provide examples of the impact of litter on wildlife.
• Students will be able to provide examples of how they can reduce the impact litter has on wildlife.
• Students will verbally design a plan for using decomposers to help us in reducing our trash production.
K–2-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
(ETS1.A: Defining and Delimiting Engineering Problems)