1. This program begins with a brief overview of nutrition from ChooseMyPlate.gov.
2. Eating disorders are examined including anorexia, bulimia, and impulsive eating.
3. The "Fact or Quack" game show is played to learn about marketing scams.
4. Fad diets, diet pills, and exercise products are analyzed.
5. Lastly, winning the battle for a healthy lifestyle through healthy eating and exercise are reinforced.
1.. Use the USDA's ChooseMyPlate icon to analyze healthy and unhealthy food habits.
2. Define "calorie" and predict the result if calorie intake and calorie use are not balanced.
3. List valid sources of nutrition information (www.ChooseMyPlate.gov).
4. Define and determine the health risks of anorexia, bulimia, and obesity.
5. List developmentally appropriate physical activities they could engage in for between 30-60 minutes per day.
6. State the effect that inactivity has on strength and endurance.
7. Examine the validity of beneficial claims for health related products.
US National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.