1. Brainstorm what plants the students have eaten today.
2. Review the parts of a plant with a quick quiz.
3. Based on the parts of a plant, discover the things that come from that part of the plant that we use in our every day life.
4. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
- explore and appreciate how important plants are for our food, clothing, shelter and medicine
- describe ways that plants and animals are dependent on each other
- list the parts of the plant and an example of something that we get from that part
• All animals (including humans) depend on plants
• Humans depend on their natural and constructed environments.
Grade 3: Growth and Changes in Plants
• Plants are a primary source of food for humans
• Humans need to protect plants and their habitats
• Plants are important to the planet
o Describe ways in which humans from various cultures, including Aboriginal people, use plants for food, shelter, medicine and clothing.
o Describe ways in which plants and animals depend on each other.