1. A brief introductory activity will focus on making a mess & how much easier it is to avoid a mess than to clean it up
2. Discussion will be lead around videos shown focusing on what sexting is and the ramifications of participating
3. Students will have the opportunity to hear and see statistics
4. Definition of reporting and listing of adults to whom to report
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Define cyberbullying.
2. Define sexting.
3. Analyze long term effects of sexting.
4. Identify behaviors of someone who is being bullied or affected by sexting.
5. List strategies to reduce and/or prevent bullying.
6. State that telling an adult and getting help dealing with cyber bullying or sexting is legitimate.
7. Recognize positive ways to use technology.
US National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.