1. Students will name bullying behaviors they have observed.
2. A video defining bullying and the effects of bullying will be shown.
3. Students will classify words as mean or kind words and participate in an activity to illustrate the effects of these words.
4. Students will name adults to whom they would report bullying
5. Practice in role playing will occur to allow students to see and hear how to respond in a bullying situation.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Define bullying.
2. Explain the effect that bullying may have on the target of the bullying incident, demonstrate techniques to deal with bullying behavior.
4. List three adults to whom a report about a bullying incident could be given.
5. List ways to respect themselves, other people, and how to be a good friend.
6. Name the difference between telling and tattling.
US National Health Education Standards: 1, 4, 5, 8.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.