1. Start with a build up the layers of a tooth which can be hung in the classroom.
2. The McMillen educator will have students match the function of the tooth to the name and shape of the tooth.
3. Dental care will be highlighted giving students a chance to ‘practice’ brushing their teeth for two minutes – along with a giant mouth and giant dental tools.
4. Videos will discuss flossing.
5. Ways that teeth are protected with fluoride will also be covered.
6. Choose healthy snacks from unhealthy snacks by actively standing or sitting based on the option given.
1. Name the four keys to a healthy life.
2. State the best times to brush the teeth.
3. Name two types of teeth and their functions.
4. Describe at least three behaviors that promote dental health.
5. Identify two causes of tooth decay.
6. Identify calcium as an important mineral needed for healthy teeth.
7. Name three foods from the dairy group.
8. List some foods low in sugar.
9. Identify fluoride as an important ingredient in toothpaste.
US National Health Education Standards:1, 3, 5, 6, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.