1. Healthy eating from the USDA's ChooseMyPlate.
2. Match foods to the five healthy food groups.
3. Participate in the monkey dance.
4. Differentiate between healthy food and junk food during 'Junk Food Challenge."
5. Learn the three major types of exercise.
6. Categorize exercises during the Rock and Roll Exercise Activity.
7. Identify professionals who can help promote health.
1. Identify healthy habits.
2. Identify healthy food groups.
3. List healthy snack options and food choices for meals.
4. Explain how weight can be controlled through food choice and physical activity.
5. List benefits of regular physical activity.
6. State the effect that inactivity has on the body.
7. Identify a short term personal physical or exercise goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
8. List developmentally appropriate physical activities they could engage in for between 30-60 minutes per day.
9. Identify adults and professionals who can help promote health.
US National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.