1. Introduction to the purpose of the Voyageurs
2. Discussion about their unusual form of dress
3. Selection of students to perform various roles in the canoe.
4. Imaginary trip
5. Questions answered if time allows.
The participant will:
- engage in conversation with Jean-Paul LeFranc the French Voyageur
- develop an understanding of the Voyageurs unusual form of dress
- develop an understanding of the importance of Voyageurs to the fur trading era
- learn a few basic French words
- develop an understanding of the different roles in the Voyageur canoe
NCSS Culture - a,c
Time, Continuity, and Change - a
People, Places and Environment - a,c
Production, Distribution, and Consumption - a