1. Students will examine how women were stereotyped before the war and how this affected their participation in the war.
2. We will look at reasons why women contributed to the war effort.
3. Then we'll examine the roles, activities, jobs for women on the home front and near battle fronts
4. We'll take a look at Hollywood's contribution to the war, stage door canteens, USO shows, and war bond drives, and how starlets entertained the troops
5. Finally, we'll look at the lasting legacy of women's involvement in WWII
• Demonstrate the critical contributions of women during WWII on both the home front and battlefront.
• Provide personal accounts of women and their war experiences
• Display the prejudices and discrimination of women, especially minority women in the workplace and military, and how women succeeded despite common myths and challenges.
• Show the importance of female contributions of the war and set the stage for post war American women.
NSS-USH.5-12.8 ERA 8: THE GREAT DEPRESSION AND WORLD WAR II (1929-1945)