1. Introduction/Historical Background
2. Group Primary Source Analysis
5. Questions and Answers
Through discussion, reading, and examination of primary source documents, students will:
1. Use reading comprehension and context clues to discover which depiction of Pocahontas is from life.
2. Discuss some of the facts, myths, and legends associated with the life of Pocahontas.
3. Use critical thinking, reading, and writing skills to analyze primary sources and determine the ways in which these depictions reflect more about the times they were created than the life of Pocahontas.
4. Understand the facts that are known about Pocahontas’ life and the role that she played in the creation of the Jamestown settlement.
NA-VA.K-4.4 Visual Arts
NA-VA.5-8.4 Visual Arts
NA-VA.9-12.3 Visual Arts
Our HistoryConnects programs are aligned with both national standards and Virginia Standards of Learning. While our programs can be tailored to suit learners of any age, they are initially designed for students in upper elementary and secondary schools.