1. Discuss map of Mesoamerica.
2. Introduce Olmec culture, their materials, and technical processes.
3. Introduce Maya culture, sacred ballgame, artifacts, and glyphs.
4. Discuss ancient site of Teotihuacán, and look at the grid plan of the city.
5. Introduce Aztec culture, including their use of calendar systems and religious beliefs.
6. Discuss European contact, and its effect on Ancient American civilizations.
1. Through artifacts in the CMA’s collection, students will be introduced to aspects of the daily life and rituals of Mesoamerican cultures.
2. Students will learn about the various materials and technical innovations used to make objects.
3. Students will learn how these objects and artifacts are interpreted.