1. Introduction to Spanish art in the 17th century, including the work of El Greco and Diego Velázquez.
2. Discussion of Goya and how his work portrayed the effects of historical events (such as the Inquisition and the French invasion of Spain) in the 18th to 19th centuries.
3. Transition to the 20th century and discussion of Pablo Picasso's work - including the Blue Period and Cubism.
4. Conclude with the work Salvador Dalí and introduction to Surrealism.
1. Students will be introduced to a selection of Spanish artists, as well as the cultural and historical context of their lives.
2. Students will learn about stylistic changes from the earliest artist presented to the most recent artist in the lesson.
3. Students will gain familiarity with the Spanish language (if Spanish presentation is requested).
All programs are aligned with the National Education Standards, Ohio Department of Education Academic Standards, and New York State Learning Standards.