1. This program begins with introductions and research questions.
2. We then address those questions in a PowerPoint presentation.
3. Participants have a guided question & answer session
The participant will:
- develop an appreciation for the influence of physical systems on human populations;
-identify some main characteristics of Tibetan culture and its links to the land;
- explore the implications of modern developments on environments and people;
- list several important geographic and environmental features of the Tibetan Plateau.
NSS-G.K-12.2 PLACES AND REGIONS
As a result of their activities in grades K-12, -Understand the physical and human characteristics of places.
-Understand that people create regions to interpret Earth's complexity.
-Understand how culture and experience influence people's perceptions of places and regions.
NSS-G.K-12.5 ENVIRONMENT AND SOCIETY
As a result of activities in grades K-12, all students should
-Understand how human actions modify the physical environment.
-Understand how physical systems affect human systems.
-Understand the changes that occur in the meaning, use, distribution, and importance of resources.
Theme 1: CULTURE
Social studies programs should include experiences that provide for the study of culture and cultural diversity.
Theme 2: TIME, CONTINUITY, AND CHANGE
Social studies programs should include experiences that provide for the study of the past and its legacy.
Theme 3: PEOPLE, PLACES, AND ENVIRONMENTS
Social studies programs should include experiences that provide for the study of people, places, and environments.