1. Welcome and introduction to program.
2. Using pictures and video, we'll meet some baby animals that have been born at the zoo.
3. Activity that will introduce participants to special baby animal names.
4. Visit from live animals that were born at the Zoo.
At all times, questions are welcome!
Please note: This program discusses baby animals and due to the sensitive needs of these animals, we will be viewing videos of them. The live animals we meet will be ones that were born at the Zoo, but are now adults.
- increase their appreciation of baby animals and how they are cared for
- name two kinds of baby animals
NGSS: 1-LS1-2., 1-LS3-1., 2-LS4-1.
MO GLES: 1.LS3.A.1, K.PS1.A.1, K.LS1.C.1, K.ESS2.E.1
MO ELGS: IV-A.1(PK)b, IV-C.1(PK)b-c, VI-B.1(PK)a-b, VI-B.2(PK)a-c, VII-B.2(PK)a