1. This program begins with introductions and research questions.
2. We then address those questions in a PowerPoint presentation.
3. Participants have a guided question & answer session
- Gain familiarity with the Silk Road and its historical importance
- Understand Orientalism and how it has shaped our views of Asia
- Learn basic modern histories of Iran, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia
- Look at new interpretations of Silk Road legacies through film, photography, and pop music
Indiana Standards for High School Art 1-8
Indiana Standards for Social Studies for Grades 7, World History and Civilization