1. Students will learn about the food groups from MyPlate.
2. Students will learn the nutrients they receive from the foods they eat.
3. Students will learn about reading food labels
4. Students will about the importance of good exercise and plenty of sleep.
1. State the need for balance of the five food groups using MyPlate
2. Identify the six main nutrients and the major function of each major nutrient
3. Choose nutrient-dense over energy-dense foods using Daily Value Percentages from Nutrition Facts Label
4. Define a calorie as a unit of energy in food or beverages
5. Differentiate between aerobic, anaerobic, and flexibility exercise
6. Predict outcomes if calorie intake and exercise are not balanced.
7. Analyze how food preparation can change the calorie content of foods
8. Explain how healthy food/exercise choices can prevent chronic health issues
National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.