2. What makes stuff cold? Insta-snow!
3. Dry Ice Demonstration
4. Bottle Bubbles activity
5. Liquid Nitrogen Demonstration
6. Light sticks demonstration and activity
7. Make Slime!
The participant will...
- Explore seasonal science activities
- Observe demonstrations related to winter and cold temperatures
- Discuss states of matter related to demonstrations and activities
2-PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions
Plan and conduct an investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by their observable properties.
2-PS1-4 Matter and Its Interactions
Construct an argument with evidence that some changes caused by heating or cooling can be reversed and some cannot.
Use evidence to construct an explanation relating the speed of an object to the energy of that object.
Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
5-PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions
Develop a model to describe that matter is made of particles too small to be seen.
5-PS1-4 Matter and Its Interactions
Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances.