1. This program begins with a group discussion of participants favorite colors.
2. We then discuss what our favorite colors remind of us and compare those ideas to early Egyptian writings.
3. We then explore the six colors of Ancient Egypt through an interactive falcon wing.
4. Participants view an interactive demonstration of a New Kingdom pharaoh mummification and the role
color played in it.
5. We then apply what we have learned by making a pectoral necklace like the pharaoh in our demonstration.
6. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
The participant will:
• Discover the 6 colors of Ancient Egypt.
• Create their own Hieroglyphs that represent the meaning behind Ancient Egyptian colors.
• See the step by step process of Ancient Egyptian mummification.
• Create an Ancient Egyptian pectoral necklace.
• Understand why the Egyptian’s mummified their dead.
Fine Arts—NA-VA.K-4.3 Language Arts—NL-FL.K-12.2 Technology—Technology
Communication Skills— NT.K-12.4
Common Core State Standards: English Language Arts Standards — Speaking & Listening: CCSS.ELA- Literacy—SL.K-3.1-3