1. Our special bodies - bones, muscles, brain, senses work to protect us (Charlie Chan activity)
2. Habits to keep our bodies healthy - healthy nutrition, physical activity, cleanliness, sleep
3. Look-a-likes - candy vs. medicine (activity), unsafe items
4. Fire safety - smoke detector (alarm activity), safe spot, smoke (candle activity), stop drop and roll (demonstration & video)
5. Emergencies -dialing 911, knowing your personal information during an emergency (full name, address, telephone number) (emergency video, 911 role play activity)
6. Inside vs. Outside Safety Precautions - discussions and (safety boards activity)
7. Crossing the street - discussion (street crossing activity)
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Identify safety rules inside the home.
2. Identify safety rules outside the home.
3. Understand fire safety and emergency rules.
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 3 Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.3.3 A, B