1. We discuss this holiday celebration's unique symbols, candles, number of days celebrated, stories and foods.
2. Your students will use sign language to tell the Las Posadas story.
3. Together, we retell and draw a star to go with this story.
4. We sing and sign "We Wish You a Happy Las Posadas!"
5. We play an identification game to review the candles, stories, foods, numbers, and symbols for Las Posadas.
Students need one sheet of paper, and two markers or crayons.
Please note: This program can be modified to compare or contrast this holiday to others.
Your students will:
- listen to and enjoy December celebration stories of Las Posadas
- understand the differences and similarities in this holiday and another (if desired)
- be able to name the foods, symbols, stories, and traditions of Las Posadas
- be able to draw the star for the story of Las Posadas
- be able to retell the Las Posadas story while drawing the star
- sing our sign language song for this holiday.
-Literacy RL K.1 to 8, RL .1 to .10.
-Literacy RL K.1 to 8, RL .1 to 4.
-Writing WK.1 to 8.10.
-Speaking & Listening SL K.1 to 5.6
-Art NA-T.K-4.2, NA-VA.K-4.1-3, NA-VA.K-4.6, NA-D.K-4.1-3
Valerie can identify these for you - just let her know!