1. The program begins with introductions and background
2. Using PowerPoint, the presenter will guide the audience through the history of the Mongol Empire, paying particular attention to its legacy in the years after its fall
3. We conclude with a Q&A session.
The participant will:
- Learn something of the history of the Mongol Empire and Chinggis (Genghis) Khan
- Explore what happened to his empire following his death and its fragmentation
- Begin to have some understanding of the Silk Road and Central Asian trade networks
- Be able to discuss the Mongol Empire and its history.
NSS-G.K-12.6 THE USES OF GEOGRAPHY
As a result of activities in grades K-12, all students should
- Understand how to apply geography to interpret the past.
NSS-WH.5-12.5 ERA 5: INTENSIFIED HEMISPHERIC INTERACTIONS, 1000-1500 CE
The student in grades 5-12 should understand
- the rise of the Mongol empire and its consequences for Eurasian peoples, 1200-1350.