1. This program begins by introducing the challenges of trash production.
2. We’ll meet 2-3 Ambassador Animals and as a group
3. Solutions to trash production and pollution will be devised by the students.
4. Challenges and possible alternate solutions to the student’s theories will be discussed.
• Students will be able to explain the impact of trash on humans and wildlife.
• Students will verbally design possible solutions to the problem of trash production.
• Students will be able to explain how different solutions might be needed to resolve the complexity for the problem of different trash types.
5-ESS3-3 Earth and Human Activity
(ESS3.C: Human Impacts on Earth’s Systems)
3-5-ETS1-1 Engineering Design
(ETS1.A: Defining and Delimiting Engineering Problems)
MS-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
(ETS1.B and C: Developing Possible Solutions/ Optimizing the Design