1. This program begins by introducing the terms evolution and natural selection.
2. Discover why snakes evolved to have no legs.
3. Discuss different examples of natural and human-caused environmental changes (drought, flood, urbanization, agriculture, etc.) and what traits might be selected for in those situations.
4. Meet 2-3 Ambassador Animals.
5. Discuss actions we can do at home to limit our personal impact on environmental changes.
• Students will have a better understanding of how changes to an environment may have an impact on evolution and natural selection.
• Students will be able to provide examples of how they can lessen their personal environmental impact.
HS-LS4-5 Natural Selection and Evolution
HS-ESS3-4 Human Sustainability