1. These programs begin with an explanation of the Engineering Design Process.
2. We then discuss the specifics of the theme and engage students in a conversation about the theme.
3. Some themes have videos that are included, if not then we would go straight to brainstorming and drafting their project.
4. The instructor leads the class through the steps of building their project.
5. If time allows, we take questions
- explore the engineering design process
- participate in an engineer design experience by constructing one of the items chosen from the theme list
- test their project out to see if they have achieved the desired result and discuss those results
- modify their designs to see how changes affect the final project
- learn about forces that will affect their design
ETS1A 3-5 -- Defining and Delimiting and Engineering Problem
ETS1A 6-8 -- Defining and Delimiting and Engineering Problem
ETS1A K-2 -- Defining and Delimiting and Engineering Problem
ETS1B 3-5 -- Developing Possible Solutions
ETS1B 6-8 -- Developing Possible Solutions
ETS1B K-2 -- Developing Possible Solutions
ETS1C 3-5 -- Optimizing the Design Solution
ETS1C 6-8 -- Optimizing the Design Solution
ETS1C K-2 -- Optimizing the Design Solution
New York State
NGSS Learning Standards